When my girls were smaller, I made these little church dolls for them to play with because they were very quiet and small enough to fit in any bag or purse. They were well loved!
I also made some of these for the children in my toddler class at church when we were learning about baby Jesus and that Jesus was a real baby. We talked about how Jesus' mother took great care of him. We talked about how to take care of babies. I gave them one of these babies to take care of.
White cotton fabric (or any color you choose)
- Cut a circle in the cotton fabric approximately 7 inches in diameter.
- Sew lace around the perimeter (outside edge).
- Place the cotton ball in the center and gather the fabric up around it.
- Tie a ribbon to keep the cotton ball in place. This will look like there is a ribbon tied around the doll's neck.
- Cut a small strip of lace and hand sew it from the ribbon on the left side all the way around to the ribbon on the right side to make it look like a bonnet.
- With a fabric marker or Sharpie, draw eyes (I drew them closed.).