Everywhere I go, I look for pretty bulletin board borders that can be used for various things. I found some beautiful grass border and used it to make a pop-up page the children can make and take home. For instructions on how to make a pop-up page, click here.
- Cut two strips of the grass border the same size as the width of the page.
- With a glue stick, glue one piece of the grass border to the back of the page. This one will sit right above the pop-up piece shown in the pop-up page instructions.
- Glue the other piece of the grass border to the small square that pops out (see instructions page).
- From a strip of border that looks like wood, cut a small basket.
- Set the basket between the two layers of grass border but do not glue it.
- Children can pretend to float the basket down the river between the reeds.