Here is Joseph being lowered into the well by his brothers.
Prep ahead of time
- Get an empty juice can and wash it out. Let it dry.
- Cut a strip of contact paper large enough to cover the outside of the juice can.
- Cut a small rectangle from fabric to be the clothes.
- Cut a string long enough to go around the clothespin doll and tie.
- Cut a large string for lowering and raising Joseph.
What the children do:
- Get a clothespin doll.
- Fold the rectangle piece of fabric in half. Cut a small hole at the fold for the head to fit through.
- Slide the head through the hole.
- Tie the small string around his waist.
- Draw a face if desired.
- Tie the larger string around his waist.
- Put the contact paper around the juice can.
- Retell the story!