Monday, September 23, 2013

Samson and Delilah





Samson and Delilah
Judges 16


I made these figures to use for telling the story of Samson and Delilah.  I used a technique called "tissue art" to create them. I used regular tissue paper that you would use in a gift sack. I found a pattern in Corbin Hillam's book Bible Story Clip and Copy Patterns.  I just love the characters!  I used tissue paper for the clothes and shoes and used pastel chalk for the skin.  The tissue art is quick and simple - much easier than it looks here and it has such a beautiful look when it is finished.  This technique can be used for many other things including making your own cards. 

Learn how to create tissue art by watching my video!

From now on, save all your tissue paper from birthday parties, Christmas, baby gifts, etc.!  You never know when it will come in handy for tissue art!

Patterns are used with permission by Corbin Hillam.  To purchase a CD with his precious artwork in it, e-mail him at corbinhillam@yahoo.com.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I tried to watch the video but it said it is private. I would love to take a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have it fixed. Try again. Let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete