Balaam's Donkey or
Jesus' Triumphant Entry
I made this donkey from a regular cardboard box because I wanted one that the kids could ride. Each child wanted more than one turn. They wanted to do this story over and over!
- Get a rectangular cardboard box.
- Tape it shut all the way around.
- Cut a square in the top and the bottom of the box big enough for your age child to fit in.
- Make the head from one of the squares you cut out.
- Cut a slit in the front of the box and slide the head it. (If you don't tape it or make it stick, you can take the head off for easy storage.)
- Put two pieces of string criss cross over the top hole. Make it long enough to go over the child's shoulder. Tie a knot on each end of the string inside the box.
I didn't have time to paint it or doll it up but the kids' didn't care. They loved using their imaginations with it. I used it first for Balaam's Donkey and then pulled it out again when we taught Jesus' Triumphant Entry. We even made more for VBS for the teens to use in their skits.